Friday, September 11, 2009

Hamsters


I promised Brantley that I'd blog about his new hamsters, so here goes. When Brantley was about 7 he begged and begged for hamsters. Now, we've had hamsters before so I know that I end up being the one who cleans their cages, lets them out for exercise, and feeds them. I just really didn't want another responsibility, so I told him that when he was 10 or 11 he could get some. I assumed he'd forget about it by then. However, he came to me a week before his 10th birthday and reminded me of what I'd said. So now, about a hundred dollars later, (he of course needed the most expensive cages, exercise wheels, food, etc.) we're the owners of 2 dwarf hamsters. They're very cute, but of course I'm the one who takes care of them. Oh well - at least I knew this would happen!

No comments: