Saturday, February 7, 2009

Groceries


Here is what a very quick run into the grocery store looks like for us. This was just enough to tide us over for a couple of days until I could do a big grocery trip. We eat an insane amount of food. Here are some weekly averages for us:

8 gallons of milk

10 loaves of bread

5 pounds of shredded cheese

60 tortillas

30 - 40 pounds of fresh fruit and veggies

6 dozen eggs

And the list goes on and on. I spend about 10 hours a week food shopping. I have many friends with much larger families than mine who go through much more food than we do, but it sure feels to me like we eat tons of food!

1 comment:

gloria said...

I understand... I feel like there is never enough food around.... although I have been able to successfully put myself on a food budget each week..... firs time ever, but it's working..... now if I can just get those boys to stop eating! Geesh!

Blessings,
gloria